Blogs and social media
I find that social media – in the right dosage – can be an important tool for scientists in keeping track of the state of the art. Here are some blogs I follow that I find particularly useful.
- Bits of DNA by Lior Pachter
- Natural Language Processing Blog by Hal Daumé III
- Updated Sporadically at Best by Jean Wang
If you’re on Twitter, I would recommend following (among many others):
Including tools I’ve helped build, datasets I’ve helped create, etc.
- WordBias.org and Hacking Bias in Word Choice: visualize gender bias in word choice in these two web apps.
- Cited by: interactively filter a given PubMed paper’s citations.